Experience Breathtaking Annapurna Trek with Shivam Group
This involves a 90 mins scenic drive via Phedi, Naudanda, towards Birethanti and then to Gandruk, a typical village showcasing the culture of the Gurung community which is known for its valour in the Indian and British Army. From here you view the spectacular Fishtail, Himchuli and Annapurna south.
Major Credit Card Accepted
Introduction For Annapurna Trekking:
Poon hill trekking is a short but very popular trail in the Annapurna region. This Annapurna trekking circuit is very popular due to the Poon hill atop the ethnic Village of Ghorepani (2800m) which is predominantly habited by the Gurung and Magar community. The trek starts from Pokhara (900m) and the trail begins from Naypul.
Poon hill trek locally known as the Ghorepani trek follows a trail from Ghandruk village to Tadapani and through the forest of Baisikharka. The trekking trail goes up and down the hills from Tadapani to Ghorepani via Bhanthanti to Deurali pass and finally terminates at Ghorepani.
Brief Details for Annapurna Trekking:
Name: Poon Hill Trekking
Duration: 7 Nights/ 8 days
Country: Nepal (Annapurna region)
Start from: Kathmandu
Ends at: Kathmandu
Grade: Easy- Moderate
Per day walking/Hiking: 4- 6 hrs
Minimum Group Size: 1 Person & above
Activities: Trekking, hiking, cultural & religious excursion
Meals during Trip: Breakfast in cities & all meals during trekking
- Arrival & departure from airport are transfered by private & comfortable car/van/ Hiace
- 2 nights 3 star hotel accommodations on BB plan & twin sharing basis in Kathmandu
- 1 nights 3 star hotel accommodations on BB plan & twin sharing in Pokhara
- 3 nights comfortable lodge accommodation during the trek with all meals
- Kathmandu- Pokhara- by flight with airport taxes
- All domestic airport transfers in Kathmandu and Pokhara by a private vehicle
- Tea/ coffee- 3 times a day, full board services ( 3 meals a day)
- Transportation as per group size by private car/van /Hiace before and after trek in Pokhara
- 1 experienced English speaking Sherpa – Govt.trained/licensed guide during the entire trek
- Porter (1 porter for every two pax.) Maximum weight to be carried by each porter would be 30 kgs. for the entire trek.
- Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu city with guide, all entrance fees, private Car/Hiace
- Half day sightseeing in Pokhara city with guide, all entrance fees, Private Car/ Hiace
- Trek permit, TIMS card & any required permit or official documentation
- Insurance, daily wages, equipments and all meals & accommodation of porters and guide during the trek
- First -aid kit box( for normal treatment only)
- Government taxes & other applicable fees
- Trip Certificate
- Porter for carrying kit bag- trekking bag for porter
- International airfare to and from your country
- Nepal Visa fee: Nepal entry visa (USD 25 or equivalent foreign currency for 15 days. 2 passport size photos.will be required.
- Travel, medical and helicopter evacuation Insurance. It is necessary for you to get insured. We can assist you for the same in Kathmandu in case you need our services.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Any alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, boiled & mineral water, beverages, deserts after meals etc during the trek
- Tips for guide & porter( highly expected)
- Hot shower, battery charging (available during the trek with extra cost but could be free in some lodges/ hotels)
- Unforeseen and unavoidable cost due to flight cancellation or delay, bad weather , illness during the trek and helicopter rescue .
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned in the INCLUSIONS above.
Itinerary for Annapurna Trekking:
DAY 01: KATHMANDU- Hotel
Our office staff will welcome you outside the airport terminal with placards. After the completion of the visa formalities and collection of baggage, you will be transferred to the hotel. All the other tour requirements including payments will be required to be completed during the day.
DAY 02. KATHMANDU-POKHARA- GHANDRUK- Lodge (B/L/D)
We take a flight to Pokhara. After arrival we drive for about 90 mins to Nayapul and then trek for about 5 hours to reach the beautiful Ghandruk village. The mountain views from this village is awesome and a visit to the local museum can also be undertaken. The full day trip will be approximately 6-7 hours.
DAY 03. GHANDRUK- TADAPANI- Lodge (B/L/D)
The easy trek to Tadapani will take around 3-4 hours . We finish the trek before lunch and since the day will be free at Tadapani we can go for a little hike into the forest. We recommend a one night stay at Tadapani so that you could relish the spectacular views of Fishtail, Himchuli, Annapurna IV and Annapurna South.
DAY 04. TADAPANI- GHOREPANI- Lodge (B/L/D)
We start the day by descending to the Bhurungdi Khola River, followed by a steep rocky ascent to the village of Ban Thanti at 3180 meter. Afterwards we follow a stream, which offers good swimming opportunities in some of its pools. We descend through pine and rhododendron forests to the village of Ghorepani at 2750 meter and then we continue with a short walk to Deurali (meaning pass) at 2870 meter. Pleasant views of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Tukuche, Annapurna South, Annapurna I (8091m), Hiunchuli (6441m) and Tarke Kang (7193m) (5 hrs) are seen from here.
DAY 05. GHOREPANI- POONHIL- ULLERI/THIKHEDUNGA- Lodge (B/L/D)
An early start and a 60-minute hike to Poon Hill (3195m) leads to a brilliant spectacle: an unobstructed view of sunrise over the high Himalayas. We then trek to Ulleri all the way down through forests and villages before that we moved on to Ghorepani for breakfast after spending 40 minutes at poonhill. You could also continue your trek to THIKHEDUNGA too.
DAY 06. ULLERI/THIKHEDUNGA- POKHARA- Hotel (B/B)
The trail continues with a decent to Birethanti and Nayapul which was our starting point. Then we drive to Pokhara and check in to a hotel. Later we undertake a half day (3 hours) sightseeing which would include Devi’s fall , Gupteshwar Cave, Seti river gorge, , Vindyavasini Temple and 1 hour boating at Fewa lake with a visit to the Barahi temple. Evening will be free for dinner, shopping and a walk around the lake side area .
DAY 07. POKHARA-KATHMANDU- Hotel (B/B)
Fly to Kathmandu. On arrival we take you on a half day tour of the world’s biggest and tallest Buddhist Stupa, oldest royal palace of Kathmandu – Durbar Square, ,Temple of Living Goddess- Kumari and Swayambhunath Stupa located on a hill the city of Kathmandu can be viewed. Free time in the evening for shopping and walking around the tourist hub , Thamel.
DAY 08. DEPARTURE
We will drop you to the airport for your flight back home but not before ensuring that you leave Nepal with an experience of a lifetime and memorable moments to cherish forever.