Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is one of the ultimate pilgrimage site for the Hindus which people undertake to pray homage to non other than the supreme god of destruction Lord Shiva.
Roughly Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is carried out in groups and takes anything between 10 to 15 days if you are doing that from Nepal. And the whole package for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra costs in an average of INR 2 to 3 lakhs. But the charges for the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra depends on the routes with which the private tour operators operate their Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
There are various routes with which private tour operators carry their Kailash Manasarovar Yatra. Currently the one that is rocking the market is the route through Nepal to Tibet. There is the route through the Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand and the Nathu La pass in Sikkim in India. But due to the diplomatic dispute between the China and India that route is currently blocked.
Generally the perfect time to do Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is the early month of June to September. Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is a challenge in itself since all body, mind and spirit is tested on this journey. All those things of comforts which you are using in your daily life wont be available in this journey. Yet this journey will surely be the most memorable moment of a lifetime.
Well well well, keeping all my babbling aside I’ll quickly enter into the topic on which I’m currently writing this article over here. Here are some of the thing why you should perform Kailash Manasarovar Yatra at least once in a lifetime.
- First things first, Mount Kailash is the place which is believed to be resided by the Lord Shiva. And the journey of Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is believed to be carried out in order to please the supreme god Lord Shiva.
- Then comes the eye catching part on the social medias. Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is a tough journey which cant be faked and is rare. This is not an easy thing to do. Carrying this thing out is guaranteed to make you stand out against your peers in the social medias. In simpler terms you will be getting more likes you numb skull.
- Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is known for its parikrama which covers the distance of 52 kilometers. Strict Hindu devotees carry out this parikrama without food and shelter.
- According to the Hindu Mythology it is believed that Mount Kailash is the Axis Mundi of Earth. In other words the center of the world and place connecting earth with the heaven itself.
- Mount Kailash is the one of the holiest place for not only Hindus but also for religions like Buddhists, Jains and the Bon Po peoples.
- Mount Kailash is the place from which four rivers originates namely the mythical Ganges (Karnali), Sutlej, Indus and Brahmaputra.